Saturday, March 28, 2009

From bad to worse

The last week has thrown its ups and downs at me. I had a good weekend back on the bike then my back was sore again so a couple of easier days to recover then a couple of solid days and more back problems.

I'm going through one of those stages where nothing seems to be going right and for every step I make forward I go 2 back.. Thursday I headed out with Clinton, pissing with rain, cold and windy, after 2.5hrs I crashed on a slippery wooden bridge. It wasn't so bad just frustrating. Then Saturday I was out with Logan and we had some mis-comminication going round a corner and we were both pulling ourselves back up of the road. This time I wasn't so lucky, with some gravel rash and ripping of clothing, thank god I had my winter gloves on because had it not been for those my hands would be in a state of mess!

I still feel like shit on my bike. Like I don't have any power and am dragging an anchor everywhere I go. I'm hanging out to get back on the other bike I have coming.

I always hate this time of year. When you wake up and it's raining, you goto sleep and it's raining, repeating this process everyday for a couple of weeks on end. The temperature barely gets into double figures on a good day and I have to wear 5 layers of clothing and a scarf just to keep a little bit warm. On the positive, i'm the lightest i've ever been for this time of the year.

So i'm hoping all this shit gets over and done with cause i've kinda had enough of it. Although it's now been 3 crashes, and they say they come in 3's so heres hoping thats all there is for the next year!

Will report back in a couple of days!

Ryan

No comments: