Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Welcome back

Hey there

Well it has been a fair old while since the blog got a look in but I think it is as good a time as any to start getting some updates going again.

As most of you would know I had a pretty low key 2010 opting not to return to Belgium with Lotto - Bodysol and instead Signing with NZ continental team Subway - Avanti who had big plans. I won't go into detail but for whatever reason I ended up spending the whole year in NZ with not much bike riding.

We are into the beginning of a new year and a new season with new challenges and new goals. I will be riding with GSC Blagnac who are based in Toulouse, France. Soren has joined me in Europe this year so 13th of January, we were on the big bird to France.

We have been here for 6 weeks now, settled in well and I have the first set of racing under my belt. 6 races in 10 days in the Basque country. I got through surprisingly well after a roller coaster month of training after a small operation to remove 2 dodgy moles.

The team is great. It has a much more family feel than any of the other teams I have been apart of and the management is really well drilled. I am hoping with another couple of solid weeks on the bike I will be back at a good level.

One thing is for sure though, I am motivated!

So expect regular updates from me this year.

Thanks for reading,

Ryan

Ps My thoughts are with everyone in Christchurch after the fatal earthquake which hit on Tuesday. I won't write a big spur about it because all of you will know about the details by now but just know my thoughts are with you Christchurch. To anyone who lost a loved one, I'm sorry but you will all come back better and stronger from this! Stay strong and keep your heads up. It will get easier!



Picture taken by Soren at the Essor Basque.

No comments: