Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Update

Hello everyone,

I hope this update reaches you well.

I have done a fair bit of racing over the last 2 weeks so I won't go into too much detail but just that the form has come good at just the right time with Franco Belge just around the corner!

I have done 5 or 6 races' I did G.P Wallonie last Wednesday, 205km through the ardennes which was a good race for me. Last year I made it 120km, this year I made it to the finish. It was a crazy race with a lot of crashes. One of which occured in the last 20km and blocked the road therefore splitting the peloton and it never came back together.. It was a bummer because I was back getting a bidon from the car and it was the first time I had been to the back of the bunch the whole race.

Then on Friday I had a criterium. 70km round a 2km course. I was in the early move where after a few laps we were joined by 10 riders to form a group of 13. We went away eventually taking a lap.. I lined it up for the sprint after some unsuccessful attacks towards the end of the race. I left my run late and ended up 4th which I was happy with.



Saturday I went to the ardennes with Tom and Clinton and we ended with almost 6 hours so that was a good day training.

Monday I was pinning on a number again, this time in a pro kermis. I was in the early moves again but nothing stuck and eventually it came down to a bunch kick. Just about went through unscathed but that wouldn't be Belgium would it! I took a flying bike to my arm when a rider crashed in the last km. Ever had a chainring go between your fingers.. I can tell you it isn't the most enjoyable thing along with my bruised forearm, but like all good things we must move on..



Tuesday was another pro kermis. A group of 40 went clear early and just kept going away. We had no car in the convoy and when my team mate punctured I was more than happy to give him my wheel so I could head back for an early shower as the racing and lack of recovery has began to take its toll on my legs.

For now, i'll be racing again on the weekend then linig up in Franco Belge on the 1st of October. The race goes through to the 4th and has some of the biggest names in cycling lining up, including 4 kiwis which will be cool.

I then just have paris - tours on the 11th October and flying out on 14th.

Until then,
Thanks for reading,
Ryan

2 comments:

bacpackman said...

Hey Ryan
Great you are in our Wanaka team.Can you check the challengewanaka site and send me the entry details I need for you so I can put you in the team.
I will be doing Motu with Paul in 2 weeks. When are you back?
Graham

Unknown said...

Hey Ryan
Forgot to say my email is graham.moore@asb.co.nz