Thursday, September 3, 2009

Geraadsbergen Koers / Grammont Course

Heres a quick update on how the race went yesterday.

It was my first race since the tour mi-aout in France almost a month ago so I
wasn't expecting too much of myself. Lined up with 233 other starters on a hard
wee 10km circuit to be done 17 times. The parcour included a 1km cobbled climb each lap which made positioning pretty important.

We caught the remaining 5 riders from the break with 600m to go so it ended in a mass sprint. I finished safely in the peloton which was more than I expected so training has been paying off which is motivating.



I'm about to get myself organised to pin on a number again today in the Kortemark Koers. It's raining and windy and will probably be missrable.

Only planning on riding half of the race.

Just to get into race rhythem and find a bit more race legs before a UCI 1.1 race this weekend.



Will update after race.

Ryan

No comments: