Friday, May 15, 2009

Update..

Well I thought i'd better give a short update as I havn't been in touch with the world lately. Not for a lack of trying though, just a lot of things have been happening so my head has been else where.

Havn't been racing since tour of bretagne, even though I should have been.

I've planned to then something will prevent me so it hasn't happened yet.

I was spose to be racing a tour this weekend in the hills but thats been flicked and the show must go on..

I have been having a lot of problems with my back where I compressed the T12 and L1 vertabrae earlier in the year. It's a big fault of my own, I probably shouldn't have ridden track nationals and been in such a rush to get back on my back but it was the start of the season and I didn't want to waste my winters training so now am paying for the impaitence.

Have been having treatment on it, needles and so on and it seems to help a little bit but the big problem I think is it just hasn't had the time to heal itself. They say 12 weeks rest for this injury, it's just under 12 weeks now, I think I had 4 off after track nationals and 1 before.

In saying that the season still has a long way to go as we are only in may so there is still plenty of time left to get back to 100%, although the sooner the better.

I still have to look to Tour of Belgium starting on 27th May, ranking 2.HC, so going to be some big hitter teams there. I will look to target one stage and try for a break or something. The exposure I got after the Tour of Bretagne was really good so i'll look for some more of that.

I will ride some kirmis courses between now and then too to get back into racing rhythem as it's been 2 weeks since Bretagne.

Nothing else has really been happening, found a cool local cafe hangout so been spending some time there, will get some pics of it. It resembles a kiwi style cafe and takes away the home sickness when inside. Also it's giro time so afternoons are always pretty occupied with tv.

Will report back with some news, hopefully good news that i've got a result in a race or even that my backs pain free, that would be nice but until then take care.

No comments: