Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bonsoir,

Since I last posted I have done another race and got in some good training in amongst the very average weather we have been having lately.

The past week has been unbelievably windy. One example was today. When I was sitting on 350watts, doing 14km/h on a slight downhill into a head wind. I can tell you, the hour I was riding into that wind felt like an eternity. Not very ideal at all.


Start of the race.

So to the race. On Sunday I traveled to Sainte Livrade. I was supposed to be going to Bordeaux - Saintes, but a few days before my director decided it was better I go and take on another elite national race where I could keep building my condition for the coming months.
It was a lively race after the first 20km which we did in 38 minutes, but once the first person was brave enough to attack, it was all on. I made a couple of solid go's of it, getting a decent gap with a few other guys and the gap would shoot out to 25 seconds before it all came back together within a kilometer. Eventually a group of 5 got away on a decent about 45km into the race, they didn't really attack as such, it was more due to the fact everyone else behind was trying to get around a few guys sliding around a corner (it was raining after all). The gap held at 1 minute 20 before we hit the exposed section of the course and I got into a group of about 15 which would try to ride across the gap. I had 3 other team mates with me but just when a good result looked likely, I punctured on a decent with 17km to ride. With neutral support ahead with the escape and having no car behind our group meant no wheel and abandon course. It was slightly unfortunate because it was the first time in the past 15 months I had been at ease and was just biding my time before the finishing circuit. The only thing I can take out of the day was that I was good and I can feel some sort of fight coming back into my legs.


Soren and I on the Canal.

Between that and playing in the wind, we haven't really been up to much. Soren has been riding most days, there are a few bike paths around the town that Soren goes exploring. Included is this one when we road down the canal which runs through Toulouse.


Soren out and about.

So i'll sign off on that note.

Will update again soon when I can muster up another story for ya's ;)

Take care,
Ryan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Ryan!