Sunday, May 24, 2009

The week that was.

Another week down, another race done and another race to look forward to!

Just got through a big block of training finished off with a weekend of races.

Yesterday I raced in Aartrijk, Elite and U23, 120km with 121 starters.
It was a funny race, a break never went away which made for a lot of attacking and chasing. Although I was able to make all the moves.

We pulled a little group away on the last lap, around 15 riders. 1 guy escaped in the last 800m, we counter attacked at the same time, but we never closed the gap. He held 5 seconds at the finish. I was content with 8th, finished strongly. Also 1st u23.

Finished a big week of training today. Just had word that I will be lining up Wednesday in the Tour of Belgium. This was the biggest race I did last year, 2.1 ranking, but it's been promoted to 2.HC ranking with more protour teams so it's going to be a very hard race, I will target 1 or 2 days to try and slip into the break if I have the legs.

Will try and update throughout the week. I'm sure there will be some stories to be told!

Thanks for reading,
Ryan

No comments: